Donation Amount. Min £4.99

East Africa

France said on Tuesday the attack on its embassy in Kinshasa, the capital of the Democratic Republic of Congo, is "unacceptable."

"The French embassy in Kinshasa was attacked this morning by protesters, who caused a fire that has now been brought under control. These attacks are unacceptable. Everything is being done to ensure the safety of our agents and nationals," French Foreign Minister Jean-Noel Barrot posted on X.

He reiterated the call for Congolese authorities to enhance security measures around diplomatic missions, urging them to prevent further incidents.

Earlier on Monday, M23 rebels, who are allegedly backed by Rwanda, claimed to have taken control of eastern Goma city, while Kinshasa claimed Rwandan forces were present.

So far, at least 25 people have been killed in Goma, as well as nine in Rwanda. Hundreds have been injured in the ongoing clashes.

Locals say both the government forces and rebels control parts of the city of three million people, including internally displaced persons.

Meanwhile, demonstrators also stormed and looted the Ugandan Embassy, accusing Uganda of supporting Rwandan proxies, referring to M23 rebels.

The protesters also attacked the Kenyan Embassy in Kinshasa.

The Kenyan Foreign Ministry said in a statement that protesters attacked the Kenyan, Ugandan, and South African embassies.

The “marauding protesters… are voicing their discontent on the conflict in the eastern part of that country,” the ministry said, urging Kinshasa authorities to take appropriate action. Necva Tastan Sevinc Anadolu Agency

About IEA Media Ltd

Informer East Africa is a UK based diaspora Newspaper. It is a unique platform connecting East Africans at home and abroad through news dissemination. It is a forum to learn together, grow together and get entertained at the same time.

To advertise events or products, get in touch by info [at] informereastafrica [dot] com or call +447957636854.
If you have an issue or a story, get in touch with the editor through editor[at] informereastafrica [dot] com or call +447886544135.

We also accept donations from our supporters. Please click on "donate". Your donations will go along way in supporting the newspaper.

Get in touch

Our Offices

London, UK
+44 7886 544135
editor (@) informereastafrica.com
Slough, UK
+44 7957 636854
info (@) informereastafrica.com

Latest News

US Supreme Court strikes down Trump's global tariff campaign

US Supreme Court str...

'The Framers did not vest any part of the taxing power in the Executive Branch,' Chief Justice John...

‘This is a tsunami, it’s unstoppable!’ Orengo fires at State after Linda Mwananchi truck pelted with stones

‘This is a tsunami,...

Governor James Orengo, Vihiga Senator Godfrey Osotsi, and Nairobi Senator Edwin Sifuna atop a vehicl...

Over 1,000 Kenyans enlisted to fight in Russia-Ukraine war, report says

Over 1,000 Kenyans e...

Wycliffe Muia Reporting from Nairobi BBC A total of 1,000 Kenyans have been recruited to fight for...

Andrew arrest - live: King's 'deepest concern' as former prince arrested over Epstein files investigation

Andrew arrest - live...

(WPA Pool via Getty Images) By Harriet Sinclair, Deputy News Editor King Charles has shared his 'dee...

For Advertisement

Big Reach

Informer East Africa is one platform for all people. It is a platform where you find so many professionals under one umbrella serving the African communities together.

Very Flexible

We exist to inform you, hear from you and connect you with what is happening around you. We do this professionally and timely as we endeavour to capture all that you should never miss. Informer East Africa is simply news for right now and the future.

Quality News

We only bring to you news that is verified, checked and follows strict journalistic guidelines and standards. We believe in 1. Objective coverage, 2. Impartiality and 3. Fair play.

Banner & Video Ads

A banner & video advertisement from our sponsors will show up every once in a while. It keeps us and our writers coffee replenished.