Donation Amount. Min £4.99

Bomb disposal experts have evacuated 2,600 homes after a suspected unexploded Second World War bomb was found in Exeter.

Royal Navy bomb disposal teams were sent to Glenthorne Road near the University of Exeter at 9am on Friday. 

They found a "possible unexploded World War Two device" on a building site to the west of the university campus and worked through the night ahead of a disposal operation on Saturday.

Today the Army has evacuated around 2,600 properties so teams can examine the device and remove it from the site safely. 

A 400-metre cordon and nearby road closures are also in place, Devon and Cornwall Police said.

 

"Police hope this work will be completed by the end of today, but will be guided by the bomb disposal team," a statement said. 

"Residents should be reassured that military, police and partners are working to maintain public safety." SKY News

About IEA Media Ltd

Informer East Africa is a UK based diaspora Newspaper. It is a unique platform connecting East Africans at home and abroad through news dissemination. It is a forum to learn together, grow together and get entertained at the same time.

To advertise events or products, get in touch by info [at] informereastafrica [dot] com or call +447957636854.
If you have an issue or a story, get in touch with the editor through editor[at] informereastafrica [dot] com or call +447886544135.

We also accept donations from our supporters. Please click on "donate". Your donations will go along way in supporting the newspaper.

Get in touch

Our Offices

London, UK
+44 7886 544135
editor (@) informereastafrica.com
Slough, UK
+44 7957 636854
info (@) informereastafrica.com

Latest News

4 killed, 3 injured in Tonj South communal clashes

4 killed, 3 injured...

A herder with an AK-47 rifle in South Sudan. (Courtesy photo) February 18, 2026 TONJ SOUTH COUNTY T...

Bangladesh Landslide election victory starts next phase of Bangladesh story

Bangladesh Landslide...

The next phase of Bangladesh’s story began last week with the landslide election of the Bangladesh N...

Sifuna wants Ruto-Sakaja Ksh.80B deal shelved, cites legal breaches

Sifuna wants Ruto-Sa...

ODM Secretary General Edwin Sifuna during a past party function. PHOTO | COURTESY Nairobi Senator Ed...

United States and Mauritius to Hold Bilateral Security Discussions

United States and Ma...

From February 23–25, the United States and Mauritius will hold discussions in Port Louis led by the...

For Advertisement

Big Reach

Informer East Africa is one platform for all people. It is a platform where you find so many professionals under one umbrella serving the African communities together.

Very Flexible

We exist to inform you, hear from you and connect you with what is happening around you. We do this professionally and timely as we endeavour to capture all that you should never miss. Informer East Africa is simply news for right now and the future.

Quality News

We only bring to you news that is verified, checked and follows strict journalistic guidelines and standards. We believe in 1. Objective coverage, 2. Impartiality and 3. Fair play.

Banner & Video Ads

A banner & video advertisement from our sponsors will show up every once in a while. It keeps us and our writers coffee replenished.