Donation Amount. Min £2

 

The death toll in Kenya from a suspected starvation cult rose to 227 on Wednesday as police said they unearthed 15 more bodies from land associated with cult leader Paul Mackenzie.

Coast Regional Commissioner Rhoda Onyancha confirmed the grim update during a press briefing, further amplifying the magnitude of the heart-wrenching incident.

"The number of missing people has risen to 611," Onyancha added, referring to an earlier call by the police urging residents in the area to come forward and file reports on their missing loved ones

Police say that as the investigation progresses, the focus remains on unraveling the complex dynamics surrounding the cult, shedding light on the factors that allowed such a tragedy to unfold.

Hundreds of bodies have been found at Shakahola Forest in Kilifi County since mid-April during investigations into a cult run by Mackenzie, a pastor who leads the Good News International Church in Kenya.

He is accused of ordering his followers to starve themselves to death so they could go to heaven before the end of the world.

An investigation that started last month has revealed that some of the victims had their organs missing, which has led to suspicions of trafficking in human organs. - Andrew Wasike, Anadolu Agency

About IEA Media Ltd

Informer East Africa is a UK based diaspora Newspaper. It is a unique platform connecting East Africans at home and abroad through news dissemination. It is a forum to learn together, grow together and get entertained at the same time.

To advertise events or products, get in touch by info [at] informereastafrica [dot] com or call +447957636854.
If you have an issue or a story, get in touch with the editor through editor[at] informereastafrica [dot] com or call +447886544135.

We also accept donations from our supporters. Please click on "donate". Your donations will go along way in supporting the newspaper.

Get in touch

Our Offices

London, UK
+44 7886 544135
editor (@) informereastafrica.com
Slough, UK
+44 7957 636854
info (@) informereastafrica.com

Latest News

High Court declares Parliament cannot impose timelines on NLC

High Court declares...

File image of a judge's gavel. The High Court has declared that Parliament cannot impose timelines o...

Guinea-Bissau president flees to Senegal after coup

Guinea-Bissau presid...

Senegal’s foreign ministry said in a statement that Embaló had landed in the country “safe and sound...

Pune traders duped of rs 4.7 crore in ‘cheap copper scrap’ scam, key suspect held in Kolkata

Pune traders duped o...

A case was registered at Khadak police station recently by a Raviwar Peth–based trader dealing in c...

UN envoy to travel to Sudan as humanitarian crisis worsens

UN envoy to travel t...

UN secretary-general’s personal envoy for Sudan, Ramtane Lamamra November 26, 2025 NEW YORK The UN...

For Advertisement

Big Reach

Informer East Africa is one platform for all people. It is a platform where you find so many professionals under one umbrella serving the African communities together.

Very Flexible

We exist to inform you, hear from you and connect you with what is happening around you. We do this professionally and timely as we endeavour to capture all that you should never miss. Informer East Africa is simply news for right now and the future.

Quality News

We only bring to you news that is verified, checked and follows strict journalistic guidelines and standards. We believe in 1. Objective coverage, 2. Impartiality and 3. Fair play.

Banner & Video Ads

A banner & video advertisement from our sponsors will show up every once in a while. It keeps us and our writers coffee replenished.