Donation Amount. Min £2

ANKARA

At least four people were killed and 10 others wounded in a shooting at a banquet hall in a city in California’s Central Valley, media reports said Saturday.

The incident occurred just before 6 pm local time (0200GMT) in the city of Stockton during a family gathering, according to ABC News.

“This is unfathomable,” said Heather Brent, a spokesperson for the sheriff’s office, noting that the victims included both juveniles and adults.

Several individuals were taken to local hospitals, though no updates were provided on their conditions.

Authorities have not made any arrests or identified a suspect. Brent said preliminary evidence suggests the shooting may have been targeted.

“Our number one priority right now is identifying the suspect in this incident,” the outlet quoted her as saying.

Christina Fugazi, the city’s mayor, expressed grief over the timing of the attack, coming just days after the Thanksgiving holiday.

“Families should be together instead of at the hospital standing next to their loved one praying that they survive,” she said, according to ABC.

San Joaquin County District Attorney Ron Freitas said that a “tragedy of this nature is unthinkable. And it absolutely breaks our heart.”

The FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are among the agencies assisting in the investigation.

California Governor Gavin Newsom’s office said he had been briefed on the “horrific shooting.”

Stockton, a city of approximately 320,000, is located about 45 miles (72 Kilometers) south of Sacramento, the state capital. By Merve Berker, Anadolu Agency

Merve Berker  |30.11.2025 - Update : 30.11.2025
 
 

 

About IEA Media Ltd

Informer East Africa is a UK based diaspora Newspaper. It is a unique platform connecting East Africans at home and abroad through news dissemination. It is a forum to learn together, grow together and get entertained at the same time.

To advertise events or products, get in touch by info [at] informereastafrica [dot] com or call +447957636854.
If you have an issue or a story, get in touch with the editor through editor[at] informereastafrica [dot] com or call +447886544135.

We also accept donations from our supporters. Please click on "donate". Your donations will go along way in supporting the newspaper.

Get in touch

Our Offices

London, UK
+44 7886 544135
editor (@) informereastafrica.com
Slough, UK
+44 7957 636854
info (@) informereastafrica.com

Latest News

Cameron Barracks asylum seeker plans ‘made up on back of an envelope’ – Swinney

Cameron Barracks asy...

Plans to house asylum seekers in Inverness have been delayed STV News Concerns had been raised abou...

4 killed, 10 injured in shooting at California banquet hall during family gathering

4 killed, 10 injured...

ANKARA At least four people were killed and 10 others wounded in a shooting at a banquet hall in a c...

EAC rivalry imperils...

The Kenya–EU EPA grants Kenyan goods duty-free access to the European market. In Summary A recent c...

Opposition to challenge Mbeere North, Malava by-election results in court

Opposition to challe...

AI-generated image of a young African woman looking at her phone in a dark-lit room. Photo/ Gemini...

For Advertisement

Big Reach

Informer East Africa is one platform for all people. It is a platform where you find so many professionals under one umbrella serving the African communities together.

Very Flexible

We exist to inform you, hear from you and connect you with what is happening around you. We do this professionally and timely as we endeavour to capture all that you should never miss. Informer East Africa is simply news for right now and the future.

Quality News

We only bring to you news that is verified, checked and follows strict journalistic guidelines and standards. We believe in 1. Objective coverage, 2. Impartiality and 3. Fair play.

Banner & Video Ads

A banner & video advertisement from our sponsors will show up every once in a while. It keeps us and our writers coffee replenished.