The Synagogue Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) has issued the statement below to confirm the death of its founder, the popular Prophet T.B. Joshua.
10 Things about Prophet T.B Joshua
1. After spending 15 months in his mother’s womb, Prophet T.B. Joshua was born on June 12, 1963, as Temitope Balogun Joshua in the little town of Arigidi in Akoko, Ondo State, Nigeria.
The prophet has progressed from a young man with only one year of secondary school education to the head of one of Nigeria’s largest congregations.
Every Sunday, his congregation, the Synagogue Church Of All Nations (SCOAN), attracts approximately 15,000 people, including tourists from beyond Nigeria.
TB Joshua is a man whose ‘marriage’ with controversies appears to be a never-ending affair, despite all of his accomplishments.
2. He allegedly tried to join the Nigerian Army but was unable to do so because the train he was on broke down, leaving him stranded en way to the military academy.
3. Joshua, T.B., is the father of three children. Evelyn Joshua, his wife, is his life partner. Serah Joshua, his elder daughter, graduated from the London School of Economics, and Promise Joshua, his younger daughter, is presently a student there.
4. He was once named the ‘Yoruba man of the decade’, by IrohinOdua, the first pan-Yoruba news outlet.
5. His TV station, Emmanuel TV, has made his ministry more publicised, drawing more and more foreigners from all around the world to his weekly church services.
6. He is often trailed by controversies mainly due to the nature of sicknesses he has reportedly healed people of and afflictions he has delivered people from. He is also known for his predictions/prophecies.
7. In 2014, a guesthouse collapsed in his church compound, killing about 115 South Africans. 8. Did you know he is also a published author?
T.B. Joshua wrote and published such books as The Mirror, The Step Between You And The Cure, Daily Time With God and What The Future Holds.
He has been known to give out cash gifts and foodstuff including other material gifts, to the poor and downtrodden who visit his church.
A Forbes blogger estimated that TB Joshua has spent about $20 million on charitable activities.
10. He is very popular on social media, as his YouTube channel has over 500,000 subscribers, his Facebook page has over 2.8million likes, while his Twitter has about 177,000 followers as well. By Ada Ada, Daily Times